A. Your contact persons for data protection issues
If you have any questions or comments concerning our practices relating to data protection or your personal data that is held by VAT, please contact:
Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
VAT Vakuumventile AG
Head of Legal & Compliance
Phone: +41 81 771 4100
Seelistrasse 1, 9469 Haag
Our representation in the EU:
VAT Vakuum-Apparate-Technik Deutschland GmbH
Phone: +49 351 501 934 00
Zur Wetterwarte 50, Haus 337/G
B. General information
The following data protection declaration applies to all websites of the VAT Group (hereinafter referred to as "VAT"). It explains how your personal data is collected, processed and used when you visit VAT's websites and/or register there and/or leave your contact details.
When handling your personal data, we are committed to protecting your privacy. This means that we will refrain from storing personal data wherever possible. Our legal framework is the Swiss Data Protection Act (DSG), the EU Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO) as well as the data protection regulations of other countries as far as they apply to our websites.
VAT's websites may also contain links to other websites. These other websites are not checked by VAT for function and content, also not with regard to compliance with data protection regulations. You therefore visit these websites at your own risk. VAT cannot accept any responsibility or liability for these external websites.
C. Security of your personal data
VAT protects your personal information in the following ways:
- We minimize the collection of personal data to the extent necessary for the functioning of the website and for communication with us.
- We delete data from e.g. log files as soon as they have completed their immediate technical function or in defined time intervals. The current legal regulations are authoritative here. 3.
- We protect personal data from access by third parties in accordance with currently established practice, among other things by storing it in specially protected areas with password access.
- We do not disclose any personal data to third parties without obtaining your consent or informing you thereof.
Despite the technical and organizational security measures we have taken, we cannot guarantee absolute security. We therefore ask you to support us in our efforts to ensure security by not disclosing any particularly sensitive or unnecessary data. In this context, please also note that you log out when you leave a part of our websites protected by user registration.
D. The purpose and legal basis for the processing of your personal data
VAT will collect, process and use personal data exclusively for the following purposes:
- Administration, maintenance and improvement of the Website;
- Processing inquiries and orders placed through the Website;
- Verify eligibility for access to certain protected information
- Respond to questions and comments;
- Analyze user behavior in order to improve the information provided;
- Solicit user contact information in order to provide information about products, services, and sales promotions by mail, e-mail, telephone, newsletter, or other media
- Manage activities related to training, information and promotional events (e.g. participation in webinars);
- Comply with legal obligations;
- Implement contractual agreements;
- Fulfill other purposes as agreed from time to time.
You control the scope of the collection and processing of personal data by, among other things, agreeing to or rejecting certain "cookie" functions before visiting VAT websites. In principle, VAT will ask for your consent before collecting, processing and using your personal data. This is generally done before visiting the websites as well as additionally within the websites where certain personal data is collected. As a matter of principle, the collection, storage and processing of data will take place exclusively on the basis of the laws referred to in section B.
In addition, VAT will inform you with reasonable advance notice of any new purpose or any change in the purpose for which your data is processed, in accordance with the legal requirements.
VAT will also ensure that only a limited group of persons will have access to your personal data within the scope of its tasks and activities.
E. The types and categories of your personal data
In addition to the information you provide voluntarily (e.g. registering for the newsletter, filling out online forms, sending e-mails, creating a log-in account, etc.), VAT will also collect, process and use data that arises in connection with the use of the website. You influence the type and scope of the collection and processing of this data with the "cookie" setting you specify before visiting the website.
Since it is almost impossible to provide a complete list of all data arising directly or indirectly that VAT websites collect and process, from which certain types of personal data could be derived directly or indirectly, we provide below an overview of the types and categories of such data:
- Name, title and address;
- Personal contact information (phone, email, etc.);
- information about your function within the company you represent (name, address, department, contact information, etc.)
- all relevant information about your computer and your connection (IP address, operating system, browser type, browser version, browser configuration, name of the Internet provider, etc.) to enable the connection and use of the websites and the exchange of data
- all relevant information about the web pages (URL, IP address, etc.) from which you access or are redirected to the VAT web pages, as well as date and time
- all subpages and links clicked on during your visit to the VAT websites (URL clickstream) with date and time
- all inquiries and messages sent as well as orders placed;
- an archive of all open and closed inquiries, orders, transactions and related communications
- search terms entered and products and services viewed on VAT websites;
- all information collected with the help of cookies or similar technologies;
- Registrations to newsletters, events, or the like.
- registrations in your account, as well as its use
- all consents and permissions granted;
- any information entered or uploaded by you on the VAT Website.
F. Recipients and the transmission of your personal data to a third country
VAT may disclose your personal data within the corporate group for the purpose of central administration. VAT will not market your personal data or lease, disclose, transfer or otherwise share them without your express consent.
VAT will only transmit your personal data to a third country within the corporate group for which no EU Commission adequacy decision applies in exceptional circumstances. Should it do so, VAT will ensure appropriate data processing through an Intercompany Agreement based on the GDPR.
Any request to disclose your personal data to the authorities will be made strictly in accordance with applicable data protection law.
G. Period for which your personal data will be stored
Your personal data will be retained by VAT for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data were processed in accordance with the retention policy and/or applicable law.
H. Options relating to the protection of your personal data
You have a number of choices regarding the protection of your personal information that VAT collects, processes and uses about you. Some of these options are:
- You may choose not to provide certain personal data, particularly if VAT asks for your consent to collect such data.
- You may at any time revoke consent given in the past under data protection law with effect for the future.
- You may decide to unsubscribe from the newsletter or any other communication at any time.
- When registering, you can choose which personal data you would like to provide to VAT.
- You can ask whether VAT collects, processes and uses personal data about you and, if so, which data as well as further information about the circumstances of the data processing.
- You may request that inaccurate personal data be corrected at any time.
- You may request that your personal data be deleted, provided that the requirements of Art. 17 DSGVO are met.
- You may request that the processing of your personal data be restricted or object to the processing.
- You may request the portability of your personal data.
Should you wish to exercise your right to lodge a complaint against VAT, please contact the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) as our competent supervisory authority.
I. Usage of cookies and similar technology
The general purpose of cookies is to improve the performance and usage of the website. In addition, cookies may also be used for advertising purposes.
VAT uses the following types of cookies and similar technologies on its websites:
- Google Tag Manager (A product of Google Inc., for more information see https://www.google.com).
- XSRF-TOKEN Storage of data from non-completed forms. Used to protect against robots and robot-filled forms, laravel_session is used to authenticate the user under which the browser session is running. The running forms are stored on servers under this authentication.
You can change your cookie settings in your browser at any time or refuse to accept cookies, limiting the sharing of your personal information. However, please note that if you do so, you may not be able to use certain features and functions of the website.
A detailed explanation of cookies and how they work can be found on the website All About Cookies. http://www.allaboutcookies.org
VAT offers newsletters on its websites to which you can subscribe. By subscribing to a newsletter, you agree that we store your e-mail address in our database and send you the newsletter. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by clicking on the corresponding link in the newsletter.
Haag, June 1, 2021